[sslh] Slackware slackbuild script

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 04:11:59 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Yves Rutschle <yves at naryves.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:42:02PM -0400, Matthew Fillpot wrote:
>> I was talking to Jason Cooper about various items that this project
>> came up. I am quite interested in the functionality and would like to
>> contribute where possible. On that note, I am writing to inform you
>> that I will start working on a Slackware slackbuild script for this
>> project
>
> I may be confused, but a search for sslh+slackware returns
> several links, including this:
> http://pkgs.org/slackware-13.37/slackers-x86_64/sslh-1.14-x86_64-1cf.txz.html
>
> are you sure that's not been done already?
>
> That said, I'll welcome integration into any distribution :)
>
>> I am willing to assist with your transition to git if you
>> need further assistance.
>
> I have a public repo set up there:
> https://github.com/yrutschle/sslh
> which is "unofficial" in that it's not advertised on the
> sslh Web page. There is no doubt in my mind I want to move
> from SVN to Git, so that's about as good as official,
> really.
>
> Y.

Slackware is a special case because the only official packages come on
the installation disk, but in the case of the item you displayed
only-new users would take the risk associated with using an unverified
binary package, which is where SlackBuilds.org comes in. That site is
a collection of build scripts (maintained by many of the core
slackware team) that the users use to build the packages themselves
from the author's unmodified source archives. That is where I will
push a complete build script when it is ready.

On that note I have noticed some potential issues that may slow down
distro packagers realting to using static locations in automake which
I will submit patches to correct after I have tested the
functionality. Once my concerns are satisfied then I will continue
working on a proper build script.

Thank you for sharing the git repo information, I have already cloned
it for review. I would like to recommend adding tags for each release
so you users easily extract the tarballs from the repo and revert to
any prior release via the release tag. The easiest way to accomplish
this for past entries is by using git gui, File->visualize all branch
history and right-clicking on the commit you wish to apply the tag on
and selecting create tag.

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot

-Slackware Documentation Project - Staff Editor
- http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:mfillpot

-Linux.com - Moderator
- https://www.linux.com/forums/person/198