[sslh] git repo?

Matt Smith matt at xtaz.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 15:14:26 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-10 14:05, Yves Rutschle wrote:
> More to the point, question to the experienced user: is a
> public HTTP repository OK, or is it much better to have a
> git daemon? I strongly tend towards HTTP to avoid a new
> service (and then I'd need to add git support to sslh...)
> but I'm not sure that's not overly restrictive.

Most people I know of who use git for open source projects tend to just
use http://github.com/ as their repository. Which uses HTTPS for most
users to pull from, and SSH and/or the git protocol to push to. Using
that website gives the advantages of the web front end for browsing
history, and makes it easy for people to fork the code and contribute
back to the main project by means of "pull requests".

Personally my usage of git so far has only been for read-only pulling so
I'm not completely up on the rest of it, but I think the fact that every
single project I do pull is hosted on github probably speaks volumes.

Cheers, Matt.