[sslh] adding proxying capability for tor

Walter Haidinger walter.haidinger at gmx.at
Mon Apr 30 10:39:47 CEST 2012

Hi!

How about adding support to proxy tor (https://www.torproject.org)
connections?

Just an idea, I haven't looked at the tor protocol, therefore I
don't know how difficult to implement this would be.

However, given that the recommended ports for tor relays are 80
and 443 (which are least likely to be blocked), this would allow
people to run webservers and tor-relays on one IP.

This could become the "killer application" for sslh.
Maybe you could even contact the tor developers about this.
Integrating sslh code (->library?) into tor would be another option.

Just a thought. It would spark sslh usage, I think.

Regards,
Walter