[sslh] adding proxying capability for tor

Jon Spriggs jon at sprig.gs
Mon Apr 30 10:59:54 CEST 2012

Walter,

Part of the core functionalty of TOR is that it's not easy to sniff
for the signature of the TOR packets. If this project some how finds
something which identifies what looks like TOR and what looks like
HTTPS, then it will provide ammunition to the very people that TOR are
trying to protect their users against.

It's a nice idea, but I'm sorry to say I think it's not a workable position.

You might find more traction in asking the TOR project to amend their
project to enable relaying of HTTPS requests not destined for the TOR
relay/node. They may even be able to use the signatures identified by
this project to relay other traffic, but I doubt either will happen.
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs