[sslh] TURN server?

Yves Rutschle yves at rutschle.net
Mon May 30 10:19:36 UTC 2016

Hi Christian,

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 06:22:02PM +0200, Christian Hoene wrote:
> is it possible to place a coTURN server (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5766) on
> 443 in parallel with a SSL web server?
>
> If so, does anybody have an idea on how to define a matching regular expression?

I had a quick look through the RFC.

Anything to do with UDP can't go through sslh as it only
processes TCP (but you can presumably put a UDP/TCP bridge
after the client)

In the case of TCP, I understand that TURN is an extension
to STUN (RFC5389), which conveniently uses a 'magic cookie'
as the second word of every message (chapter 6), whose value
is 0x2112A442.

Soooo I'd expect something like this to work:

{ name: "regex"; host: "stunserver"; port: "stunport"; regex_patterns: [ "\x21\x12\xa4\x42" ]; },

Please report back if that works :-)

Y.