[sslh] genver.sh interpreter

Matt Smith matt at xtaz.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 14:16:13 CET 2014

Hi,

Can I suggest a little tweak for the genver.sh script that's part of the
source? I use sslh on FreeBSD and on that platform bash is installed as
/usr/local/bin/bash which means I have to edit the script to compile it.
To make it more portable do you think it would be better to use
#!/usr/bin/env bash as the interpreter instead?

Also on FreeBSD bash isn't installed as default although it can be
easily installed as a package, but this means that sslh has a dependency
on bash. I'm wondering if it might be better to just write it to use
/bin/sh which is generally available on everything.

Regards, Matt.