[sslh] Bug in transparent proxy with openvpn

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Sun Feb 9 13:48:29 CET 2014

Hi,

Better late than never, I'm just slowly addressing
sslh-related issues I haven't had time to look at in the
last 6 months... Sorry!

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:25:20AM +0200, maskim wrote:
[...]
> Everything works fine, I can access to the websites running on the webserver
> on port 4430, VPN is working and I can access to Internet.
>
> But I can't access to the websites hosted on my webserver behind 4430 port.
> When removing the -transparent option, it works fine.

I'm confused, let me see if I got that right:

All 3 services work properly when accessed from outside,
BUT
You can't access HTTPS Web sites through the VPN connection

Correct?

That second case a bit scary:

HTTP Client --> OpenVPN Client --------> sslh ---> OpenVPN ---> sslh ---> HTTPS server

I posit the iptables rules need to be adapted, but really I
don't know.

Y.