[sslh] Increasing number of (sslh-fork) processes over time

Kai kai2 at blicke.de
Fri Apr 4 15:18:49 CEST 2014

Hello,

- I restart my sslh process once a day because there had been issues
like this in the past as well.

- I do currently run the latest version of SSLH from the GIT repo on OS
X 10.6.8. I do not see that kind of issues under Linux.

# while true; do date; ps -e -o "uid,command" | grep -e sslh -e UID |
grep -v grep | sort | uniq -c; sleep 600; done
Do  3 Apr 2014 03:51:02 CEST
  801     0 (sslh-fork)
    2     0 /usr/local/bin/sslh -t 1 -ssh localhost 22 -ssl localhost 443
    1   UID COMMAND

Question: Is this normal is there any timeout I can configure or is this
a but to avoid the increasing number of processes displayed as
"(sslh-fork)"?

Thanks a lot!
/Kai