[sslh] OS X 10.6 does not know memem

ondra+sslh at mistotebe.net ondra+sslh at mistotebe.net
Tue Apr 1 09:29:29 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 01:23:38AM +0200, Kai Ellinger wrote:
> Hello Yves,
>
> this is the patch I found / mean. So it was Tor.
> https://gist.github.com/amotl/1811671
>
> And Tor implemented a memmem wrapper that way:
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/blob/HEAD:/src/common/compat.c

First, sorry for not checking the portability of the code I submitted,
seeing you already use _GNU_SOURCE (asprintf), I assumed there was an
explicit piece of documentation about using glibc (and forgot BSDs have
had an implementation for a while), therefore breaking it.

Given that sslh is GPL, it can take snippets from gnulib, which should
be close to what the glibc implementation looks like:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/

It does have a memmem implementation:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=lib/memmem.c

Regards,