[sslh] sslh does not support spdy

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Mon Jan 28 13:28:04 CET 2013

Hi Doyle,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 04:55:09PM +0800, Doyle wrote:
> And I install sslh, then use spdy web can not open, but https only(no spdy)
> web is ok.
> So, I think it's sslh can not identify spdy.

I've just looked at SPDY from afar -- good stuff.

However my understanding is that SPDY uses TLS as transport,
so from sslh's point of view there should be no difference
between an incoming HTTPS connexion, or a SPDY/TLS
connexion: presumably you want to direct both to the Web
server and let it decide what to do.

This makes me wonder what happens if you remove sslh and
connect your browser directly to the Web server using SPDY?
Have you confirmed that that works?

If it does work, could you capture the first few packets of
the SPDY connection, then the first few packets of the HTTPS
connection so as to see what's going on?

(captures can be done by running:
tcpdump -w out1.pcap tcp port 443
as root to save the traffic in out1.pcap.)

Cheers,
Y.