[sslh] sslh-1.12 released!

Seblu ml at seblu.net
Thu May 10 23:42:38 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Yves Rutschle <yves at naryves.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 03:07:09PM +0200, Seblu wrote:
>> Can we have a command line option to start in daemon mode?
>>
>> Currently we can force foreground mode in systemd initscripts by
>> calling sslh --foreground -F /etc/sslh.conf.
>> With classical sysv initscripts we cannot call something like sslh
>> --daemon -F /etc/sslh.conf which supersede foreground parameter inside
>> configuration.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to set the configuration file to
> start as daemon, and override *that* setting on the command
> line with -f ?
It's generaly a good behaviour to have options on command line which
override config file one.
Here we can force foreground mode, but not daemon. It's not balanced.

You ship example file with foreground by default. I currently sed it
during packaging.
You can see here [1] how we build your software.

Archlinux handle both sysvinit[2] and systemd[3] initscripts.

It  prevent sslh with a bad config to be runned foreground and block
system boot.
Another side effect, overiding minimize config file edition for
foreground testing mode.

[1] https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/sslh
[2] https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/sslh.rc?h=packages/sslh
[3] https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/sslh.service?h=packages/sslh

Maybe you want ship systemd service file upstream?

Cheers,

--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net