[sslh] sslh-1.12 released!

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Wed May 9 09:02:11 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 03:07:09PM +0200, Seblu wrote:
> Can we have a command line option to start in daemon mode?
>
> Currently we can force foreground mode in systemd initscripts by
> calling sslh --foreground -F /etc/sslh.conf.
> With classical sysv initscripts we cannot call something like sslh
> --daemon -F /etc/sslh.conf which supersede foreground parameter inside
> configuration.

Wouldn't it make more sense to set the configuration file to
start as daemon, and override *that* setting on the command
line with -f ?

I'd think the most reasonnable way to use the configuration
file would be to get all the settings right so you can start
the daemon with a simple sslh -F /etc/sslh.conf rather than
add command lines in the start-up script (otherwise, what's
the benefit of the configuration file? you may as well
specify everything in the script over the command line).

> You should write pid file before droping privilege, /var/run is not
> writable by users.

Ok.

Y.