[sslh] Need Help Configuring OpenVPN & SSH to run on same port 443 on Centos 5

Walter Haidinger walter.haidinger at gmx.at
Thu Jan 12 09:52:28 CET 2012

Am 12.01.2012 09:18, schrieb Yves Rutschle:
>> The setup steps provided there is not fully working for Centos

CentOS 5 uses SYSV initscripts, a template is provided in the
scripts directory of the sslh package. Yes, you have to install
the  rc-script manually and use chkconfig to enable it.
What else is not working?

Off-topic note for CentOS 6:
CentOS 6 has switched (as upstream) to upstart. So you'd need to
write an upstart init-file and put it into /etc/init.
See "man 5 init" or RHEL documentation for upstart.

>> In addition, there are no clear guides on how to setup sslh for
>> its different uses. For example, it would be nice to have a step
>> by step and clear guide on how to make to configure sslh to make
>> OpenVPN and SSH listen on the same port 443. This is my goal.

It is only sslh which listens on port 443 if configured to do so,
not ssh or openvpn which both listen on their own respective ports.

You can only bind a single service to a specific port/protocol
pair, e.g. 443/tcp to sslh.

sslh will accept connections on the port configured by --listen
and forward it to the ports configured with --ssh and --openvpn,
e.g. with default ports:

sslh --listen 0.0.0.0:443 --ssh localhost:22 --openvpn localhost:1194

Regards,
Walter