[sslh] Multiple sockets and IPv6 support

Guillaume Delacour gui at iroqwa.org
Thu Jun 23 01:15:51 CEST 2011

Hello,

Debian has received a feature request for binding mutiple sockets and
IPv6 [1].

Attached, there is a draft on IPv6 support. I've also modified "t" test
file to replace localhost (resolved as ::1) by 127.0.0.1 (as it use
IO::Socket::INET) and created a t6 file (copied from t) which use
IO::Socket::INET6 and localhost (not in the patch).

Both sslh-fork and sslh-select versions seem to correctly handle
connections from IPv4 and/or IPv6 on GNU/Linux amd64 (Ubuntu on my
desktop and dual IP stack). The patch maybe needs some
ameliorations/tests (libwrap support, etc.) but is quite simple because
the sslh code is written with modern socket functions.

I think multiple socket needs rewrite of other part of the code such as
option parsing and loop for binding address.

[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/611611

--
Guillaume Delacour <gui at iroqwa.org>