[sslh] sslh-1.9 released!

higuita higuita at GMX.net
Mon Aug 29 03:52:08 CEST 2011

Hi again

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:41:22 +0200, Yves Rutschle <yves at naryves.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 03:16:12AM +0100, higuita wrote:
> Ok, the code in 1.10 is quite different, I'd be grateful if
> you could try all that again using it.

	thanks! :)

	now i manage to put it work with this:

/usr/sbin/sslh --user nobody --listen caravela443 --ssh loopback 22 --ssl loopback 443

	where caravela have both ipv4 and ipv6 DNS and loopback is
the ::1 address

	but this also works:

/usr/sbin/sslh --user nobody --listen 10.10.10.1:443 --listen 2001:b18:400:0:211:d8ff:fe82:e:443 --ssh localhost:22 --ssl localhost:443

	the [] form fails, it tries to resolve the "hostname", but as
the previous form works, this one isnt really necessary

/usr/sbin/sslh --user nobody --listen 10.10.10.1:443 --listen 2001:b18:400:0:211:d8ff:fe82:e:443 --ssh localhost:22 --ssl localhost:443

	and finally, this also works:
/usr/sbin/sslh --user nobody --listen 0.0.0.0:443 --listen :::443 --ssh localhost:22 --ssl localhost:443

> > -to a interface:
> >  /usr/sbin/sslh -u nobody -p eth0:443 -s localhost:22 -l localhost:443
> > Name or service not known `eth0'
>
> OTOH there is no reason this should work: I don't think it's
> even possible for a program to know what IP address
> corresponds to what interface.

	hey, i was just trying to see if it worked :)

	but several program also use interfaces... one that i use
is dnsmasq , it used the -i to listen to that interface.

> > be great  that sslh could bind to a interface instead just IPs, this
> > way we could free the lo interface for apache and use the other
> > network interfaces for sslh, for whatever ip they could have.
> This already works. IP addresses already identify
> interfaces: each interface has one or several IP address,

	you are completely right! maybe i was missing this from
a previous version or even from the perl version, where one
of those would bind just to all IPs... and i burned that problem
in my memory, even if i'm already using the "fixed" config for
some time :)

	i don't really need it, but one with dynamic IP might still
have problems configuring sslh... ;)

	Again, thanks for your help and app

higuita
--
Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a