[sslh] Problem with 1.9-1 : back to 1.7

Guillaume Delacour gui at iroqwa.org
Thu Aug 18 20:45:56 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 18 août 2011 à 11:38 +0200, Yves Rutschle a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:29:17AM +0200, David BERCOT wrote:
> > >The name of options have changed, you no longer have -l and
> > >-o and -s, instead you have --ssh, --ssl and --openvpn
> > >(which are arguably clearer).
> >
> > Are you sure with the replacements ?
> > Isn't it --ssh instead of -s and --ssl instead of -l ?
>
> See what I mean about "clearer"? :) You're right.
>
> > DAEMON_OPTS="-u sslh -p mon_ip:port_listening -l mon_ip:port_ssl -s
> > mon_ip:port_ssh -P /var/run/sslh.pid"
> >
> > with :
> >
> > DAEMON_OPTS="-u sslh -p mon_ip:port_listening --ssl mon_ip:port_ssl
> > --ssh mon_ip:port_ssh -P /var/run/sslh.pid"
>
> Yes, that should be fine. It may be worth reporting the
> issue with Guillaume who maintains the Debian package, too.

Yes, the option has changed and the configuration file is not upgraded
by default; it prompt you to examine the changes and you can see that
option have changed. If you use apticron, i'm not sure (not tested) that
the service is upgraded automatically.

I'm not sure that change options in postinst debian package (for
example, by sed or any other tool) is a good way as it may set some
mistake in the config file.

I'll ask to other Debian Developpers the right way to deal with this
case.