[sslh] v1.9 issue on OS X

Aaron Madlon-Kay aaron at madlon-kay.com
Thu Aug 4 15:14:06 CEST 2011

Hello. I've been happily using sslh on OS X for a while now. Thanks for the great software.

With 1.9 I've found that the exact same settings I've been using for some reason now result in sslh dying on launch with the following error:

thrillho:~ amake$ sudo /opt/local/sbin/sslh -f -v -u nobody -p 0.0.0.0:443 --ssh localhost:22 --ssl localhost:443
ssh addr: localhost:ssh. libwrap service: sshd
ssl addr: localhost:https. libwrap service: (null)
listening on:
	0.0.0.0:https
timeout to ssh: 2
0.0.0.0:https:bind: Invalid argument

Again, these are the exact same settings I was using with 1.8 and earlier. In fact the only difference is that I'm now using the long version of the --ssh and --ssl flags. The same issue occurs even if I specify to listen on the machine's actual IP (in this case 192.168.11.11).

Do you have any ideas? Thanks!

-Aaron