[sslh] Zombies process on OpenBSD with sslh

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Mon May 17 12:06:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:10:54AM +0200, Pierre Mavro wrote:
> I've made some tests and here is the result :
> - HTTPS works fine, no problems detected on that side
> - SSH works but creates zombies process at each SSH connections.
>
> So the problem is SSH. Each SSH attempt create 1 zombie process.

This is strange, as sslh makes no difference between HTTPS
and SSH connections after the initial triage. Also, we set
up SA_NOCLDWAIT which is supposed to be supported on
OpenBSD, and obviously works on linux.

Depending on your level in C, would you feel confortable
adding some code at the end of start_shoveler() to log the
struct sigaction for SIGCHILD, so we can confirm that the
bit hasn't been somehow reset before we exit()?

If not, I'll write it, but it'll take longer ;)

Y.