[sslh] Zombies process on OpenBSD with sslh

Pierre Mavro pierre at mavro.fr
Mon May 17 10:10:54 CEST 2010

Le 15/05/2010 13:57, Yves Rutschle a écrit :
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:29:38PM +0200, Pierre Mavro wrote:
>
>> But I got zombies process problem. It seam has an access is performed,
>> it creates a zombie process and relaunch the software.
>>
> There has been an issue with zombies before -- are you sure
> you're using the latest version? The issue I know about was
> fixed in 1.6.

Hi, yes, I'm using the last one (1.7).

Here is how I launch it :
/usr/local/sbin/sslh -p 127.0.0.1:443 -s 127.0.0.1:22 -l srvweb:443
>> If I can test anythings to correct this problem, please let me know.
>>
> Can you give a precise description of what happens? Do you
> get one new zombie every time you connect, or only a few
> zombies, or what?

I've made some tests and here is the result :
- HTTPS works fine, no problems detected on that side
- SSH works but creates zombies process at each SSH connections.

So the problem is SSH. Each SSH attempt create 1 zombie process.

Tell me if I can help more.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Pierre