[sslh] SSLH supports UDP (Was: Does SSLH support Mosh)

Yves Rutschle yves at rutschle.net
Sun Dec 6 15:15:00 UTC 2020

On Sun, Nov 08, 2020 at 09:19:15PM +0000, Yves Rutschle wrote:
> Funnily enough, I am working on adding UDP support as we
> speak, so check back in in a few weeks :-)
>
> (Assuming there is a way to probe for Mosh, obviously)

For those interested, I've pushed experimental UDP support
to Github. My current status is "it manages to reply to
several DNS requests". See the ChangeLog for usage
explanation.

I've only tested the regex probe, as it works for UDP out of
the box... and should make for an acceptable prototyping
tool, too.

I'm particularly interested in alpha testers and return of
experience of working probes for various protocols. I had a
quick look at QUIC and DTLS, and see no simple way to probe
for them... DNS is also a kludge, whereby I grep for my
domain name (the idea being that all DNS request that would
get to my server are for my domain, as it is authoritative
only).

I'll keep polishing the integration, until the code get
fully integrated in sslh-select.

Thanks!
Y.