[sslh] Can SSLH Transparent Proxy to a Port/IP address on a different machine?

Sean Warner plica2006 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:27:11 UTC 2019

Hello,

Previously on this board I started a thread asking about Making SSLH work in
Transparent Proxy mode without iptables:

http://rutschle.net/pipermail/sslh/2018-April/000673.html

I documented a convenient solution but now I realise that solution doesn't
enable SSLH to act as a transparent proxy that can send data to ports on ip
addresses that are on different hosts.. only to ports that are on the same
machine that SSLH is installed on.

This is the iptables setup recommended by the author, Yves.
https://github.com/yrutschle/sslh#transparent-proxy-support

But I don't think it makes sslh transparent proxy to other machines apart
from the one sslh is installed on.

Currently I have one Raspberry Pi on my home network that SSLH runs on and
I'd like SSLH to demutiplex to some services running on different Pis that
are also on my home network.

I have googled for many days on this and noticed that many people have asked
this same question over the past few years but no one seems to have an
answer. I suspect it involves a lot of complicated iptables and/or kernel
magic.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Flex