[sslh] Latest commit breaks fork

Yves Rutschle yves at rutschle.net
Thu Jan 11 11:00:01 UTC 2018

Hi Matt,

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 08:49:10AM +0000, Matt Smith wrote:
> Actually it doesn't appear that the program has stopped. But the "master"
> process has changed pid which makes my init script think it's stopped. So
> it looks like it's common.c line 250.

Shame! Shame! Shame on me! Truth is, when I re-wrote the
fork code to take in account a failed fork, I inverted the
conditions of the test, so the child kept doing the parent's
work, the parent moved on to process the forked protocol,
and who knows what are the side effects (apparently, none on
Linux, which amazes me). And I also got something else wrong
in refactoring, which I'm investigating now.

I hope to get it all fixed in the coming hours.

Y.