[sslh] sslh not working together with curl

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Wed Feb 4 16:55:11 CET 2015

Hi,

I use sslh now for a long time to have apache httpd and ssh working on
port 443.
It is working fine.
But if I try to use curl I get the error message:
curl -vvv https://host
* Trying 2a01:13....
* Connected to host (2a...) port 443 (#0)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt
   CApath: none
* TLSv1.2, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
* Closing connection 0
curl: (35) error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol

(I replaced hostname and IP)

I checked the log files and sslh forwarded this request to ssh and not
apache httpd.

I'm working on FreeBSD. Do I have to configure there anything special in
sslh that curl will work?

--
Thanks
Matthias