[sslh] Port Knocking for SSLH

Kai kai2 at blicke.de
Mon Sep 16 11:36:07 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I guess it is not implemented but I have the following question of a
feature that might be interesting to implement:

There is something called Port Knocking where I can for example access
the SSH port after I knocked on another port before.

My question is now whether and how it would be possible to implement
this in SSLH.

For example if I call something like an specific secret URL and than I
am able to be forwarded to the SSH port for the next 10 seconds.

I know that SSLH is not able to terminate SSL and must forward it to -
for example - Apache. But on Apache, I could for example run a CGI
script that notifies in any way SSLH and tell "please open SSHd
forwarding for 10 minutes".

So from that point of view we need a way to request SSHd port forwarding
by a process running on the same machine than SSLH and automatically
close it after a configured time.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

/Kai