[sslh] Fwd: sslh and probe

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Mon Oct 14 19:12:54 CEST 2013

[Please keep this sort of enquiries to the mailing list,
some other people might have knowledge I don't]

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 04:22:27PM +0300, Gadi Dor wrote:
> I am using a port forward software call zedeebe  , how can I had probe
> option in sslh?

What's zedeebe, I can't seem to find it on the Internet?

> Do I need to use wireshark or sslh show the packets?

In general, writing a probe consists in finding criteria,
based either on wireshark/tcpdump traces or source code
analysis of the clients or servers, and either adding code
to sslh's probe.c or simply to configure a regex probe
(which allow you to add new protocols without even
recompiling sslh).

For fast experimentation on simple protocols, I'd highly
recommand the regex way.

Cheers,
Y.