[sslh] fail2ban

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Sun Oct 6 14:34:36 CEST 2013

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 02:01:07PM +0200, perini.davide at dpsoftware.org_IMAP wrote:
> There is some big guru that says that
> if a software as a problem with red hat generally the software has a
> problem :D

This particular problem could be fixed within sslh but would
open other problems.

And I'm pretty sure this can be fixed in your sslh start-up
script.

According to the sample script I have for CentOS, RedHat
uses a 'daemon' command to start services, and according to
the manual you should be able to add the --user command to
the daemon startup line, which should fix the problem.

If you're using the CentOS script from the sslh repository,
I think just setting SSLH_USER should do the trick.

Y.