[sslh] fail2ban

perini.davide@dpsoftware.org_IMAP perini.davide at dpsoftware.org
Sat Oct 5 19:20:16 CEST 2013

Hi,
I have done this command as in the readme.

# iptables -t mangle -N SSLH
# iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT --protocol tcp --out-interface eth0
--sport 22 --jump SSLH
# iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT --protocol tcp --out-interface eth0
--sport 8443 --jump SSLH
# iptables -t mangle -A SSLH --jump MARK --set-mark 0x1
# iptables -t mangle -A SSLH --jump ACCEPT
# ip rule add fwmark 0x1 lookup 100
# ip route add local 0.0.0.0/0 dev lo table 100

# setcap cap_net_bind_service,cap_net_admin+pe sslh

this is the way I start SSLH:
OPTIONS="--user nobody --pidfile $PIDFILE -p  MYPUBLICIPADRESS:443 --ssl 127.0.0.1:8443 --ssh 127.0.0.1:22"

It doesn't work if I add the --transparent option.
My VPS can't ping 192.168.0.1 so I tried also by using
OPTIONS="--user nobody --pidfile $PIDFILE -p  MYPUBLICIPADRESS:443 --ssl
MYPUBLICIPADRESS:8443 --ssh MYPUBLICIPADRESS:22"

But it doesn't work.
I get a permission denied error while trying to connect to ssh on port 443.

Can you help?

Thanks!!!

Davide