[sslh] IRC probe

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Thu Feb 21 20:37:37 CET 2013

Hi Isaac,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 08:42:35PM +0000, Isaac Smitley wrote:
> I'm trying to get IRC to work with sslh.  We can't use XMPP and are forced to do this on port 80, which I'm also forced to share HTTP / MCollective on.  So I have MCollective as a the default route, but now I need to get IRC.
>
> I've captured the IRC connection handshake, but what do I need to put in for the regex to make it work?

Well, what did you capture? :)

As far as I can see, the client sends the first packet so
we're in luck, and then with irssi it contains the NICK
command so something like:

{ name: "irc"; host: "localhost"; port: "6669"; probe: ["NICK"]; },

in the protocols section of the configuration file, should
do the job.

Cheers,
Y.