[sslh] Restrictive squid proxy

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Tue Aug 6 23:23:19 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 08:03:04PM +0200, Ruzsinszky Attila wrote:
> I want to connect to my home lan from a very restrictive squid proxy. The
> proxy enables SSH (22), HTTP (80), HTTPS(443) ports.
>
> Can I use sslh to step through the proxy somehow?

Probably.

However before getting into configuring sslh, I'd suggest
checking that ssh works at all through the proxy: set sshd
on your router to listen to port 443, and see if you manage
to ssh from within the proxy. Depending on how the proxy
works, you may need to use corkscrew, or Putty's 'connect'
mode.

If the previous doesn't work, you may need to add additional
layers, e.g. ssh over stunnel. There is an example of this
(including setting up sslh) in the sslh README.

The only thing sslh does is allow serving ssh and https (and
others) on the same port; it won't help with getting ssh
through the proxy.

Cheers,
Y.