[sslh] Fw:

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Fri Oct 26 08:21:27 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 01:37:08PM -0700, Michael Avanessian wrote:
> I can prove this by changing stunnel to send SSH directly
> to SSH.  Its fine that way.

That doesn't prove that sslh doesn't work, it just proves
that sslh doesnt work with stunnel in front of it for SSH :-)

I just thought of something: You're using Putty, right?
Could you try another SSH client called Bitvise Tunnelier?

Reason: Putty is a "shy" client: it connects to the server,
then waits for the server to send a banner ("SSH-2 Open...")
Tunnelier opens the connection and starts talking right
away. My suspicion is that stunnel doesn't start its
outgoing connection until it received some data from the SSH
client.

Y.