[sslh] Using Apache and mod_gnutls

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Tue Mar 20 16:06:14 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 02:47:49PM +0100, Malte Rabenseifner wrote:
> This is my testing environment, the page (index.html) does only
> contain "It works!". The server is hehind a NAT, 443 and 444 are
> forwarded to the same internal address.

Ok, I just tried mod_gnutls here and it works fine with sslh
as far as I can see.

Here's the Apache snippet I use:

<VirtualHost localhost:443>
        #   SSL Engine Switch:
        #   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
        GnuTLSEnable On
        GnuTLSCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/rutschle.pem
        GnuTLSKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/rutschle.key
        GnuTLSPriorities NORMAL

# There is no actual contents on the site -- default is to show the
# empty Debian page
        DocumentRoot /var/www/apache2-default

</VirtualHost>

Apache listens on localhost:443, but that shouldn't make a difference...
although it might be good to test that (I can't test it as I connect through
sslh right now so I can't change its configuration :) ).

Can you post your VirtualHost section and maybe ports.conf and sslh conf as
well?

Cheers,
Y.