[sslh] plug in =)

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Sun Mar 4 23:07:52 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 03:33:15PM +0100, Régis A. Despres wrote:
> Before I deep more in the code, would it be easy to include a
> configuration file listing the protocols & their trigger.
> The main goal of this : easing tests in order to add more protocols.

Ok, here's a patch that adds support for a configuration
file which can replace the command line parameters, and
allows to define regular expressions to match protocols.

You'll need libconfig to compile (apt-get install
libconfig8-dev in Debian).

Defining a protocol looks something like:

{ name: "my_proto"; host: "localhost"; port: "123"; probe: [ "^hello", "world" ] }

"If the first packet starts with 'hello' or contains
'world', connect to localhost port 123".

There is an 'example.cfg' that contains the current
protocols, and you can specify it with -F (or --config):

./sslh-select -F example.cfg

The patch is enough to start playing with pattern matching,
but isn't fully finished: it's currently not possible to
specify the built-in probing functions, and it removes the
ability to specify target protocols on the command line.

Happy regexing!
Y.