[sslh] OpenBSD support (1.10 throws SEGV under OpenBSD 5.0)

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Wed Jan 11 08:51:09 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 08:41:16AM +0100, Walter Haidinger wrote:
> Sorry for the repost. Got mail that my initial subscription failed
> and my message was held.

No problem -- Mailman decided to take a break over the
holidays and stopped working around mid-december, and I just
noticed yesterday.

I need to look at your problem in more detail and probably
find a host that provides OpenBSD shell access to look into
it, so that'll take a little while. I know for a fact that
people have already used sslh on OpenBSD, I don't remember
if I had feedback on 1.10.

What you can do is compile it all with -g and comment out
the 'strip' command in the Makefile in order to keep the
debugging symbols, then run sslh under gdb, something like:

LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libpthread.so.0 gdb --args  ./sslh-select -v -f -u nobody -p thelonious:443 --ssh localhost:22 --ssl localhost:443

then at the gdb prompt simply type "run".

This should tell you where the segfault happen, which can
help if I'm inspired.

Y.