[sslh] Many processes

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Thu Feb 2 14:18:21 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 02:29:10PM +0100, Maurice Commandeur wrote:
> Hi Yves,

Please keep the mailing list posted!

> Currently running version 1.10

Ok, I have no theory then.

Anyone on the mailing list runing MacOSX and 1.10? Aaron?

> >> server:~ admin$ ps -ef | grep sslh

Could you try the following:

- Start afresh, do a ps -ef (you should have two sslh
  processes)
- Do one connection with SSL, another ps -ef
- Do one connection with SSH, another ps -ef

in order to see if zombies appear consistently. By the end
you should only have one sslh per active connection + 2, so
if you closed all connections there should only ever be 2
processes.

Meanwhile I'll see if I can find a shell account for MacOSX,
or re-test under FreeBSD to see if I can reproduce the
problem.

Cheers,
Y.