[sslh] differenciating http traffic

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Wed Apr 25 08:09:50 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 06:15:37PM -0300, Guylhem wrote:
> Here is my patch to add this. Quite simple, but I left the different
> kinds of http traffic if anyone needs to fine tune them.

Erm, well, thanks, but I already integrated that
functionality in sslh-1.11 released last weekend.

It appears I forgot to follow-up on your post, sorry.

> There's only 1 bug: disconnects are passed to the ssh server which
> complains. I guess probe_client_protocol should return an error
> instead, since web browser frequently open many http connections and
> disconnect them

I don't think I understand what you mean. Are you talking
about connections that send no data (i.e. sslh waits for
them before timing out) and end up disconnecting?

These are arbitrarily sent to the first protocol handler, as
we have no way of knowing who they are for, and it's easier
to process that way in sslh code.

Y.