[sslh] differenciating http traffic

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Fri Apr 20 22:52:43 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 04:01:18PM -0300, Guylhem wrote:
> Would it be possible to add an option to sslh to differenciate HTTP
> (not https) traffic, to run sslh on both port 80 and 443 ?

Yes; however:

> Since some firewalls block port 443, multiplexing port 80 in a similar
> way with sslh would be interesting.

I'd expect those firewalls to also get outgoing 80 through
an HTTP proxy that'll block anything that's not actually
HTTP. Which means, sslh will be able to sort incoming HTTP
from SSH traffic, but most likely you won't be able to make
outgoing SSH connections towards port 80.

Adding an HTTP probe should be trivial enough, I'll have a
look tomorrow and post a patch for that.

Y.