[sslh] Foreground mode.

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Mon Apr 16 18:58:33 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:17:06AM +0200, Seblu wrote:
> # sslh --foreground -p 0.0.0.0:444 --user root --ssh 127.0.0.1:22
> setsid: already process leader: Operation not permitted
>
> I think you should not call setsid when you are not in daemon mode.

This is strange, it definitely works on my Debian with
--foreground. No matter, you're right that setsid shouldn't
be called when in foreground, I'll fix that.

[logging]
> As foreground mode send log into syslog (which is systemd logger) and
> write its output to stderr (which is used by systemd logger), there is
> a kind of weird redundancy with systemd.

Ok, I see the problem with systemd.

I'll go over the daemon requirements for systemd and make
sure you have options to satisfy them (except the "grab a
name on the bus", I don't think sslh needs to get into
that).

Y.