[sslh] OpenVPN through HTTP proxy

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Tue Nov 15 12:08:49 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:58:26AM +0100, Emmanuel Bézagu wrote:
> I put a comment on sslh page, with no answer :

Indeed. I may disable comments on that page, it is wholly
inefficient (apparently my notification system doesn't work,
and then when I ask further questions (such as for request
to support RDP) I get no answers).

> I use sslh for a while now but I now have a problem with openvpn.
> My openvpn client works well if I connect directly to sslh
> But if openvpn tries to connect sslh through a http proxy, then a ssh
> session is detected and connection is sent to ssh server.

I'd guess it takes too long for the proxy to open the
connection and start sending data, then sslh times out and
connects to ssh. Try increasing the timeout in sslh (with
option --timeout) to 5 seconds.

Cheers,
Y.