[sslh] sslh now available for Mac OS X via MacPorts

Aaron Madlon-Kay aaron at madlon-kay.com
Thu Jun 2 05:12:33 CEST 2011

Hello. I would like to announce that I have made sslh available for Mac OS X via MacPorts. If you have MacPorts installed on your system you can install sslh by executing the following in the Terminal:

port install sslh

Also, the following is a helpful launchd configuration that covers the most common use case of sslh. Save the following into a text file, e.g. /Library/LaunchDaemons/net.rutschle.sslh.plist, then load it with launchctl or simply reboot.

----BEGIN FILE----
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>KeepAlive</key>
	<true/>
	<key>Label</key>
	<string>net.rutschle.sslh</string>
	<key>ProgramArguments</key>
	<array>
		<string>/opt/local/sbin/sslh</string>
		<string>-f</string>
		<string>-v</string>
		<string>-u</string>
		<string>nobody</string>
		<string>-p</string>
		<string>0.0.0.0:443</string>
		<string>-s</string>
		<string>localhost:22</string>
		<string>-l</string>
		<string>localhost:443</string>
	</array>
	<key>QueueDirectories</key>
	<array/>
	<key>RunAtLoad</key>
	<true/>
	<key>StandardErrorPath</key>
	<string>/Library/Logs/sslh.log</string>
	<key>StandardOutPath</key>
	<string>/Library/Logs/sslh.log</string>
	<key>WatchPaths</key>
	<array/>
</dict>
</plist>
----END FILE----

I plan to continue to maintain this port as sslh is updated. Please let me know if you run into any problems with it.

-Aaron Madlon-Kay