[sslh] SSLH and Fail2ban

Void And Any voidandany at free.fr
Thu Dec 22 22:45:39 CET 2011

To begin thanks for these wonderfull software.

But I have a question, is sslh compatible with fail2ban ?

Indeed when a connection arrive (SSH or HTTPS) sslh intercept it and
redirect it  to sshd or web server (nginx in my case)
When I look to my  log files (auth.log for sshd and specific log for
nginx) all the connection seems to came from 127.0.0.1

Fail2ban scans log files and bans IP that makes too many password
failures, but as all connections came from 127.0.0.1 with sslh fail2ban
can't make its job

Is there a solution ?

Thanks a lot