[sslh] sslh X-Forwarded-For question

Guylhem Aznar guylhem at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 00:28:23 CEST 2011

Hello

In the readme of 1.10 rc1, you present a proxytunnel setup for
ssl-checking proxies. I am in such a situation, I have such a setup
(sslh behind stunnel), and everything work just fine. But the "true
IPs" are not shown in ssh and openvpn

You mention IP_TPROXY options in the README, but you do not give any
link to a patch or explanations on how to do it.
Could you please give it, even if it's just a linux-only dirty hack??

Another option would be implenting a  "X-Forwarded-For" like
mechanism, with support in say dropbear and openvpn. I guess this
would reduce the need of this patch for most people ; I believe are
interested in IP_TPROXY just to know the real IP for their https log
files, ssh starting screen, openvpn logs etc.

[BTW maybe you would like to link to stunnel-4.36-xforwarded-for.diff,
which adds x-forwarded-for support to stunnel]

--
vCard: http://guylhem.tel