[sslh] Wrong pid in pidfile and foreground option broken on sslh-fork (double fork)

Guillaume Delacour gui at iroqwa.org
Mon Aug 15 22:37:08 CEST 2011

Le lundi 15 août 2011 à 20:42 +0200, Guillaume Delacour a écrit :

> I think the problem is that sslh-fork call fork() twice:
> - common.c,   line 692
> - sslh-fork.c line 134
>
> After removing the call to fork() in sslh-fork.c (attachment),
> foreground option work as well and the pid in the pidfile is the right
> one.

After discussing with Wesley (the person who upload the sslh package in
the Debian archive for me), my suggestion break the ability of sslh to
handle connection in independant fork: if i kill the parent daemon, the
sessions are closed too.

The double fork() is so normal in this context, and i don't have any
time to diagnose the issue more closely :)