[sslh] ssl_error_rx_record_too_long

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Wed Oct 20 10:57:54 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 09:38:36PM +0200, Skyburner wrote:
> first of all thank you for sslh :-). I installed it on my virtual server
> with ubuntu hardy an parallels plesk in a standard confguration. As
> described in the README I copied the files.

FYI sslh is part of Ubuntu, so you can probably install it
directly from there (not sure how ubuntists go about it
though)

> Furthermore i changed  /etc/apache2/ports.conf to Listen
> localhost:443. The ssh connection over  the ssl-port 443
> works perfectly. But if i try connecting through
> https://fooo:443 to my webserver i get
> ssl_error_rx_record_too_long.   Maybe you can help.

What happens if you try to connect a Web browser running on
the same host as the Web server directly to localhost:443?

IMO the most likely issue is that your HTTPS server is badly
configured, see for example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/119336/ssl-error-rx-record-too-long-and-apache-ssl

Y.