[sslh] sslh-1.7a - problem with zombies

Yves Rutschle yves at naryves.com
Tue Jul 13 22:40:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:54:33PM -0400, Bud Curry wrote:
> That said, I'm not sure why we're not believing sslh is the source of
> the zombies.  In my mind, there's no doubt.

We're not saying sslh is not the source. However we do know
it works properly in a number of configurations. The goal
here is to isolate what makes sslh misbehave in your
configuration to fix it.

My plan from here is to build uClibc and compile sslh
against it on my setup to see if I can reproduce the bug. If
I can, then I'll see about fixing it. If the bug still
doesn't appear, we'll be back to square one and trying to
figure out what's different in your setup compared to all
the others that work (and again -- not saying your setup is
faulty here, the great things about standards is that is
there are so many to choose from, and no-one really
implements them exactly, so sslh may be simply tripping over
something in the standards that's open for interpretation,
and that behaves one way in uClibc and another in GNU libc).

I won't have time to built that kind of stuff until the end
of the month though. (in particular tomorrow is dedicated to
barbeques and fireworks country-wide so I won't be replying
to e-mail -- fear not, I'll be back to work on thursday).

Y.