[sslh] sslh-1.7a - problem with zombies

Bud Curry Bud at computereaseofmd.com
Fri Jul 2 22:05:44 CEST 2010

My goal is to run sslh on my WRT54GL running Tomato firmware (1.28). I'm
a developer, but my Linux expertise is very limited. Despite that, I
have managed to cross-compile the source for MIPSEL and got it loaded
and running. The problem I'm having it is that, while it works, it seems
to accumulate a lot of zombie child processes, and so eventually stops
accepting new requests. If I kill the main sslh process, these child
processes die. I then can restart sslh and all is well again for awhile.
I suppose I could create a cron job to restart sslh every so often, but
there has to be a better way.

Any thoughts on this?  Anyone else running this on a Linksys router with
third-party firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Bud